Here are Steps to Repair and Protect Your Credit.
1)Order a copy of your credit reports. You can order your reports from myfico.com or you can get a free copy of your 3 credit reports every 12 months from annualcreditreport.com or by calling. After you get your report, you can then correct any errors you find that could be hurting your score.
2) Fix errors on your credit reports. You don’t want to get penalized for old mistakes or errors which aren’t your fault. About 70% of credit reports have errors so there’s a good chance that yours also does.
2) Catch up on missed payments. If you can’t pay the old bills in full, you can try to work out a payment arrangement with your creditors or consult with a credit repair agency to see if they can negotiate on your behalf.
4) Get a secured credit card. A good place to begin is at your local bank. These cards usually require a deposit in an amount equal to the credit limit of the credit tradelines you want. The deposits go into a special savings account that the bank can collect any missed payments from. The bank’s risk is minimal so it’s easy to get.
6) Pay down as much of your credit card debt as possible, because the amount you owe as a percentage of your total amount of credit is a major factor in determining credit scores.
7) Avoid closing your oldest credit cards, since the age of your credit tradelines is a major factor. Closing the old credit tradelines could lower the the length of your credit history. If you have a card with an annual fee, you could always request the card be switched to one without a fee.
Above are the best Steps to Repair and Protect Your Credit.